Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering Technology (Manufacturing) with Honours – BNM
Department Of Mechanical Engineering Technology
The Manufacturing Engineering Technology program offers the students with engineering knowledge and skills in the area of applied manufacturing engineering. This knowledge and hands-on skill will enable them to readily involve in the various kinds of technical careers especially in manufacturing.
The curriculum is designed to provide students with a foundation in mechanical engineering and manufacturing disciplines, as well as manufacturing-specific technical courses.
The courses focusing on the fundamental engineering knowledge include the subject areas of engineering drawings, statics, dynamics, solid mechanics, material science, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics etc. The manufacturing-specific courses cover subjects in manufacturing technology, machining technology, metrology & measurement, CNC technology & CADCAM, casting technology, design for assembly & manufacturing, production planning and control etc.
Most of the technical courses have an extensive practical work conducted in various laboratories where students engage in “hands-on” application of theory.
PEO & PLO
Our graduates are demanded in various fields such as in:
- Manufacturing: as a technologist in production, quality control, maintenance, etc
- Research: as a researcher in Textile, Packaging and Plant Engineering Technology
- Education: as a lecturer, instructor and trainer
- Consultant: as designer and quality control officer
- Management: as a supervisor and technical manager in manufacturing
- Marketing: as a sales manager in Textile, Packaging and Plant Engineering Technology