1.How many undergraduate programmes are offered in FTK UTHM?
- FTK UTHM offer 12 undergraduate programmes
2. What are the programmes offered for undergraduate students in FTK UTHM?
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering Technology ( Environment ) with Honours.
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering Technology ( Building Services ) with Honours.
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering Technology ( Construction ) with Honours.
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering Technology ( Biotechnology ) with Honours.
- Bachelor of Electronic Engineering Technology ( Industrial Automation ) with Honours.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering Technology ( Electrical Power ) with Honours
- Bachelor of Electronic Engineering Technology ( Communication and Computer ) with Honours.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering Technology ( Automotive ) with Honours.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering Technology ( Manufacturing ) with Honours.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering Technology ( Plant ) with Honours.
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology in Rail Transportation with Honours.
- Bachelor of Occupational Safety and Health Technology with Honors
3.What are the admission requirements for undergraduate programmes?
- Memiliki Diploma dalam bidang Kejuruteraan atau Teknologi yang berkaitan dari Universiti Awam (UA) atau kelulusan yang diiktiraf setaraf dengannya oleh Kerajaan Malaysia dan diluluskan oleh Senat Universiti dengan mendapat sekurang-kurangnya Purata Matanilai Himpunan (CPA/PNGK) 2.50.
- Calon-calon yang tidak memenuhi syarat CPA/PNGK di atas tetapi mendapat sekurang-kurangnya CPA/PNGK 2.30 dan mempunyai pengalaman bekerja sekurang-kurangnya 2 tahun dalam bidang yang berkaitan boleh dipertimbangkan.
- Memiliki Diploma Kemahiran Malaysia (DKM) / Diploma Lanjutan Kemahiran Malaysia (DLKM) dalam bidang Kejuruteraan Awam atau Teknologi yang berkaitan dari Institusi Latihan Awam (ILA) atau kelulusan yang diiktiraf setaraf dengannya oleh Kerajaan Malaysia dan diluluskan oleh Senat Universiti dengan mendapat sekurang-kurangnya Purata Matanilai Himpunan (CPA/PNGK) 3.00/Gred B/ Markah 80% ke atas.
- Lulus Persijilan APEL dan Mendapat sekurang-kurangnya Tahap 2 (Band 2) dalam Malaysian University English Test (MUET).
- Calon TIDAK mempunyai ketidakupayaan anggota yang menyukarkan kerja amali.
4.Does FTK UTHM offer postgraduate programmes?
- Yes, FTK UTHM offer 3 programmes for postgraduates:
- Master of Engineering Technology (Research)
- Master of Science in Railway Engineering (Mixed-Mode)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering Technology
5.What are the admission requirements for postgraduate programmes?
- DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN ENG. TECH.
- Master Degree from Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia or any other institution of higher education recognised by the Senate
- Other qualifications equivalent to Master Degree with related experience deemed acceptable by the Senate;
- First class Bachelor graduates (CGPA 3.67/4.00) and above may apply for Fast Track PhD (terms and condition apply)
*Note: If the Bachelor Degree is of the related field, other Master Degrees can also be considered
- MASTER OF ENG. TECH. / MSc. IN RAILWAY ENG.
- Bachelor Degree with honours from Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia or any other institution of higher education recognised by the Senate; Other qualifications equivalent to Bachelor Degree with related experience deemed acceptable by the Senate;
- Minimum CPA: 2.75
*Working experiences in related field for those who do not meet the minimum
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS:
- Minimum score of IELTS (academic overall band score); 5.0, Overall TOEFL score (TOEFL paper based ; 500 or TOEFL iBT; 60 ) or MUET; Band 3
- Applicants who fulfill the academic qualification from Institution of higher learning throughout Malaysia that is recognized by the Senate are eligible to apply for exemption from the English language requirements
- Applicants who do not fulfill the minimum English language requirement but graduated from universities listed as the English Speaking Countries are eligible to apply for exemption from the English language requirements.
6. I want to do my Degree/Masters/PhD in Faculty of Engineering Technology. How do I apply?
- Online Application ONLY:
- Each application is subjected to a processing fee of RM10 for local and RM30 for international
- Further information on application procedure:
7. How much does it cost to do a Degree/Masters/PhD Faculty of Engineering Technology?
BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
DETAILED OF PAYMENT
A. Registration Fees
B. Recurring Fees (Every Semester)
(i) Tuition Fees
(ii) University Services Fees
C. Hostel Fee **
Payments During Registration (A)+(B)+(C)
F. Study Duration (Semesters)
Overall Fees Without Hostel Fee
*Fees shown are excluding Personal Bond (For International Students) RM 2000.00 RM1500.00 RM 750.00 RM500.00 RM300.00 RM200.00
** Hostel Fees are subject to number of days as stated in the University Academic Calendar. Rate as per below:
- Local Student @ Main Campus Hostels – RM5.50 per day
- Local Student @ Pagoh Campus Hostels – RM6.50 per day
- International Students – RM15.00 per day
PERSONAL BOND FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENT
● Burkina Faso
● Central African Republic
● Republic Congo
● Republic Democratic Congo
● Cote D’Ivoire
● Equatorial Guinea
● Mali Mozambique
● Western Sahara
● Saudi Arabia
● British C.I
● Sri Lanka
RECURRING FEE (EVERY SEMESTER)
RECURRING FEE (EVERY SEMESTER)
MASTER BY RESEARCH
MASTER BY MIXED-MODE
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY
8.When can I make the application?
- September intake, with application deadlines in June
- February intake, with application deadlines in November
9. Why choose the Faculty of Engineering Technology UTHM?
- In engineering technology, the area is more focused on application and implementation of the engineering theory. In UTHM Pagoh there are many facilities provided for students such as laboratories, resource center, lecture room, cafeteria, sports and recreational facilities. There are 6 blocks for laboratories that have been divided into each department.
10.How do I contact FTK UTHM?
Fakulti Teknologi Kejuruteraan (FTK) Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia,
Hab Pendidikan Tinggi Pagoh,
KM 1, Jalan Panchor,
84600 Panchor, JOHOR
GPS: 2.148304, 102.731202
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Phone: 06-974 2032 / 2140 / 2027
11.Where is FTK UTHM located?
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia Pagoh Campus is strategically located in the Educational Hub Malaysia Pagoh, just off the Pagoh Interchange on the North-South Expressway, only 20 minutes from the royal town of Muar, Johor. There are another three higher educational institutions located in this educational hub, which are International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) Southern Campus, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) Research Centre and Politeknik Tun Syed Nasir Syed Ismail (PTSN). The current operating faculties in UTHM Pagoh Campus include the Faculty of Applied Science and Technology, Faculty of Engineering Technology and Centre for Diploma Studies.
12.Will a residential college be provided throughout the study?
- Yes, all students are required to stay in the residential college that has been provided for during the study.What are the advantages of FTK graduates compared to students of other majors?
13.What are the advantages of FTK graduates compared to students of other majors?
- The marketability of students to be absorbed is higher due to the implementation of Industrial Training for 6 months in the final semester.
- Students who pass the four -year program will be called technology experts, while those who pass the two -year program will be called technicians
- Can continue studies in engineering, facilities management and business management.
14. If there is any problem, who can I contact?
- Faculty Number: 06-974 2032 / 2140 / 2027
- Dean : 06-9742026
15.What are the services provided for students at FTK UTHM?
- UTHM provides various services for its students such as hostel accommodation, counseling/motivational guidance, sport and recreational amenities like soccer fields, netball courts, badminton courts and other facilities at Higher Pagoh Education Hub.
16.What are the facilities and services provided for student at Higher Pagoh Education Hub?
- Higher Pagoh Education Hub provided shared facilities for student from other institution such as Politeknik Tun Syed Nasir, Universiti Islam Antarabangsa, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia and Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia. Below are the facilities provided at the shared facilities.
- Outdoor Sports Facilities – Rugby, Hockey, Soccer, Lawn Bowl, Tennis, Volleyball, Basketball, Netball and Takraw
- Convention Hall – 1000 capacity twin deck and Changing Rooms for outdoor sports
- Multipurpose Hall – 1000 capacity exam, 1 Basketball Court, 4 Badminton Courts
- Convention Halls – 4 nos 250 capacity and 2 nos 500 capacity Lecture Halls and 6 Retail Shops
- Main Library – 4000 m² floor space, Data Center, 8 Function Rooms and 3 Stalls Food court
- Tadika – 50 capacity childcare house
- Surau – 200 capacity prayer hall
- Guest House – 60 rooms hotel facility
- Sport Stadium – 1000 capacity seating, IAAF Standard track and field
- Swimming Complex – Olympic size elevated swim and dive pool
- Futsal Complex – 4 Covered Futsal courts
17.How is the learning environment in UTHM?
- UTHM provides conducive learning facilities for students outside and inside of the classroom
18.Can I change the status of candidature from part time to full time and vice versa?
- You can make an application for status change with necessary justifications for consideration by the University.
19.Are there any financial assistance for students?
- UTHM provides financial assistance for B40 students such as the Sabil Al-Hikmah Program and Zakat. Sabil Al-Hikmah is a program that gives students lunch food for free during lecture days to help students reduce the burden, especially students from the B40 category.
20.Are postgraduate students allowed to enter the campus?
- Please refer to the latest announcement by the University.